Tuesday 27 March 2012

Extreme Crochet Hearts


BLOG TITLEA very warm welcome to everyone out there! Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine :)  This is the first time I have linked up to We Did It Wednesday over at Sew Much Ado but lets hope it will be the first of many!
I would like to share some Extreme Crochet with you! 
What? I hear you ask. 
 Extreme crochet is using multiple yarns with a huge hook.
Taking crochet to the extreme - so to speak! 

Before I show you my latest creations I have listed links to my previous posts for those of you who are not already familiar with Fiddly Fingers.  
I hope you like what you see - Look out for Chester!!!




And now you've all caught up, take a look at my newest creations!


I'd finished this basket one evening and was wondering how to photograph it!
The following day a trip to the supermarket was a necessity and being a bit peckish (never a good time to go shopping!) I bought some hot cross buns - two packets actually (buy 1 get 1 free offer!).It was soon after this I had one of those 'ping' moments!  Hence the photo!
The basket is made using 20 strands of yarn and a 25mm hook.
If you click on the link below you will be able to see the size of the hook!

You may be asking yourselves why I am making these?  Well as you will see from 'Chester the Extreme Crochet Cat' link.  It's all my sister-in-law's fault!!  I started with Chester, on a 12mm hook with 5 strands of yarn, then decided to try something a littler larger!  These are my experiements for workshops I will be running in the near future.  I need projects that can be completed within the day long workshop.  So far I have made a really big flower and a 2 round granny square seat pad (see link 'Experimenting with Extreme Crochet' as well as the basket above and heart below.  If you are interested in either workshops just (you guessed it!) click on the following links
and

 Here is the latest addition to my experiments.


The photograph below shows the scale!


I thought this heart would make a lovely wall decoration and I even thought it would be handy to hang 'hooky' earrings on.
If you have any other ideas for me to create in extreme crochet please let me know and if I manage to make any I can put a link to your blog when I put up a picture.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Happy hooking!
X


11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thank you for stopping by!
    I love what you do here. I have done crochet that was quite extreme before I had my blog, but I've never had hooks like yours.
    That's really something :)
    The seat cover is lovely!
    And I always wanted to try crochet jewelry, haven't done any yet though.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good fun and grows quickly! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Loving the heart Alison - I so wish I lived near you! Would love to have a go at extreme. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the heart too. I was going to suggest I came up and we organised a workshop (anywhere is up from Devon - well nearly) as I will travel a little way, but I think you are mega far away, somewhere near Scotland in fact?! A bit too far I think!!

      Delete
  3. Love the heart Alison and must do the basket sometime, love Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get together when Lyn gets back. If you know anyone else who is interested in making a basket perhaps they would like to come along too!

      Delete
  4. What a great font you're using! I thought I'd return the favour after you visited my blog and come and call on by to see what you get up to. Whoa! Mega crocheting! Tres cool! :-) I'm afraid crochet and knitting are two skills I don't possess but I love looking at it. You sound like you're really doing well with workshops planned etc.
    My favourite bit of this post was how when I scrolled down I came across a pile of hot cross buns - yummy! Then the mega cute basket they were sitting in.
    I'll need to wrack your brains at some time about what you feel about Folksy as you're clearly good at all this techy stuff as you have pages on this blog too, which I've tried without success to do, several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you over here, glad you enjoyed the crochet. Unfortunately I can't remember what the font was. I chose it because I liked the relaxed, creative idea of it! I must do a bit more with folksy, I only have two items on there and they have been there for a long while. It's on my 'to do' list! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  5. wow I am in love with those crocheted hearts
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. The heart is a gorgeous pink colour!

      Delete
  6. wow. I would love to make this as a christmas gift..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.